Applications are now being accepted by the Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission for testing in the County Caseworker Classification. The Tioga County Department of Human Services, an equal opportunity employer, will hire from the list resulting from the testing. Minimum requirements are a bachelor's degree supplemented by 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences. Please contact 570-724-5766 for applications and testing information.
Tioga County Department of Human Services
1873 Shumway Hill Road
Wellsboro, PA 16901
Tioga County Human Services Agency is looking to fill several Caseworker 1 vacancies IMMEDIATELY.
The Caseworker is responsible to a Casework Supervisor and performs all integrated service management provided by the Human Services Agency. They are responsible for the operation of intake for MH/MR/C&Y/ & D&A, as well as linking, referral, and monitoring of services in Mental Health/Mental Retardation, and Children and Youth. The Caseworker provides single category (MH, MR, C&Y) and all multi-categorical casework services for each public-funded client in the Human Services Agency system. The Caseworker will work with strict oversight from their supervisor.
Minimum Experience and Training:
· A bachelor's degree which includes or is supplemented by successful completion of 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences; OR
· Two years of experience as a County Social Services Aide 3 and two years of college level course work which includes 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences; OR
· Any equivalent combination of experience and training which includes 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences and one year of experience as a County Social Services Aide 3 or in a similar position performing paraprofessional case management functions.
Qualified applicants must also be willing to take and pass the Pennsylvania State Civil Service exam for Caseworker 1.
To apply for and take the exam:
Go to the Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission website www.scsc.state.pa.us
Once on the website listed above you’ll want to register yourself as a new user.
Once you’re registered you can apply for jobs. To Apply for a Caseworker 1 you’ll need test announcement number 2006-713 entered on the application under the section regarding what position you are applying for.
At the completion of the online Civil Service application you’ll be prompted to schedule yourself to take the CW1 exam; the nearest testing location to Tioga County is Lock Haven.
If you need further assistance please contact Casey Zuchowski at 570-723-8205
Temporary Court Monitor
Tioga County currently has a Temporary, full-time with no benefits vacancy for a Court Monitor in the Judge’s Chambers. Applications can be found on the County website www.tiogacountypa.us on the right side of the screen under the printable forms section (Courthouse application). Applications are also available at the Security desk at the Tioga County Courthouse. For further information contact the Human Resource office at (570) 723-8205.
This is responsible electronic recording work in the taping and transcribing verbatim accounts of Court of Common Pleas proceedings, hearings, and conferences for the President Judge. A Court Monitor uses an electronic recording system to record all testimony; noting speakers, terms and any other unusual aspects of the proceeding. The Court Monitor maintains case notes and processes the tapes and produced from the recorded proceedings. Transcripts may be certified in judicial appeal proceedings, and the monitor is responsible for the absolute accuracy of the transcript and the timely dissemination of same. This position is differentiated from the related judicial line staff positions by the type of equipment used to record and document court proceedings. An employee in this class performs under the general supervision of the President Judge.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED including or supplemented by courses in typing and automated methods of taking dictation, and some experience as a reporter recording and transcribing verbatim proceedings of judicial or quasi-judicial hearings, conferences and meetings, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Rate of pay for this position is $12.50 per hour.
Applications will be accepted 7/17/17 to 7/28/17
Tioga County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TIOGA COUNTY PLANNER
Tioga County’s Planning department is accepting applications for an Assistant Planner. The Assistant Planner will work under the direction of the County Planner and will be responsible for the organized planning and mobilization of efforts for management and use of natural resources, and environmental protection toward an improved quality of life. The successful candidate will advise and provide leadership to encourage compliance with all environmental laws by all County government facilities; acts as facilitator to assure compliance and achieve objectives.
The specific duties of the position will include but not be limited to:
· Management, direction, and responsibility for Environmental Planning to guide, promote and protect the social, natural and cultural resources and facilities for public health, safety and well-being.
· Monitoring and maintenance of working knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to land use controls and community planning and court case precedent decisions having potential impact on County and municipal ordinance administration.
· Identification and response to current environmental problems and issues; monitoring of overall environmental quality of Tioga County.
· Implement the Natural Resources element of the County Comprehensive Plan Update.
· Comprehensive Storm-water Management Planning
· Coordination of activities and personnel from other County agencies, when appropriate, to provide effective agency interaction and maximum utilization of County resources.
· Review Act 14 environmental notifications to monitor compliance with environmental laws, County Comprehensive Plan, and pertinent other local and county ordinances.
· Analyze, evaluate, and recommend legislative direction and governmental policy for review by the County Planning Commission and recommendation to County, State, and Federal elected officials.
· Serves on environmental advisory committees as assigned.
· Recognition of the need and performance of other duties.
· Fully qualified requirements include a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Planning or Environmental Science (or closely related field) with four (4) years of related experience.
· Management, leadership and oral, written and graphic communication skills, as well as demonstrated abilities in dealing with people.
· Must submit to and pass a drug screening and background check per County policy.
· Current valid PA driver’s license and personal vehicle for work-related use.
· Computer literate.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Applications can be found on Tioga County’s website www.tiogacountypa.us on the right side of the screen under the printable forms section. Application deadline is August 4, 2017. For more information please contact the Human Resources office at 570-723-8205.