[Skip to Content]

Legal Counsel

Either party may wish to employ the services of an attorney at any phase of the support proceeding. The Domestic Relations Office does not provide an attorney for either party to a support action. In addition, employees of the Domestic relations Office are not permitted to give legal advice.

If you are unable to afford to hire an attorney, you can contact North Penn Legal Services, who may be able to assist you.

If a contempt petition has been filed against you, and you are scheduled to appear before the Court at a contempt hearing, you may be eligible for representation by the Public Defender’s Office. For more information and an “Application for Counsel", please click here.  Please note that the application must be submitted at least three days prior to your scheduled hearing